It's official, Corey is making Megan move AGAIN! It's a hazard of the business! So, after just 2 short years in our new home, we are putting it on the market this week. We often work with first time buyers and they will one day become first time sellers, so here is a guide of what to expect. Check back as we'll continue to update the guide as we go through the process... (again) :)
- Knowing the value! We just refinanced to get rid of PMI and so we had an appraisal done very recently and have a good idea of what our home and the improvements we've made since we purchased really mean for value. However, if we hadn't just received a professional opinion of value, we would be comparing the "comps" - houses that have sold in our area in the last 6 months.
- Prepping the home for showings - this is the biggest on the To Do list and actually creates a To Do list of it's own. Ours looked like this:
- Repair entry walls from dog's visitor excitement, going for a walk excitement and yay you're home excitement! Repaint after scratches have been patched.
- Replace loose faucet in kitchen with nicer more attractive (and non loose) one.
- Carpet stairs going to basement so the space is finally finished
- Take down canvas prints and most family photos
- De-clutter & organize closets
- Shampoo carpets
- Put railing on back deck steps and stain
- Re-stain front and side porch steps
- Finish staining fence
- Power wash siding
- Mulch flower beds
- Fertilize, overseed, and mow the lawn
angles, but she can't edit or make houses look cleaner.
This is where we're at in our process. We'll receive the photos tomorrow or Wednesday and then we'll be on the market, sign will go up and the house will be showing ready - AT ALL TIMES! Check back for our tips for what showing readymeans.
Happy house hunting, house selling, and/or house living!